Volunteer Registration for NEW volunteers will open on Thursday, June 1st.
Veteran Volunteers will be contacted in April.
Please read thru the notes below to see if volunteering is for you.
All volunteers must register - NO EXCEPTIONS!
"Rooter" Appreciation Package*
In return for satisfactory service to Rhythm and Roots, our volunteers receive:
- Admission to the festival
- Weekend camping privileges in staff camping.
- Staff tee shirt to be worn while working.
- Nutritious snacks, light meals and beverages served in our Rooter's Cafe tent.
- Free Showers
- Volunteers in Good Standing receive a ticket to the Mardi Gras Ball at Rhodes on the Pawtuxet in 2018.
- Heaps of appreciation from others and self-satisfaction for a job well done.
- Daily Volunteer Appreciation Raffles
- About 350+ volunteers gather each year to make Rhythm & Roots a successful, enjoyable event for our patrons. Many return each year and plan their vacations at that time.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age by festival time. (Volunteers 15-17 are considered, but must be onsite with a legal guardian)
- Work schedules vary. Volunteers are required to work approximately 4-5 hours per day for a minimum of three days, depending on the crew. Many crews have 4 day schedules. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the show.
- Volunteers must be available for all three days of the festival (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Some crews begin prior to Friday, some work on Monday (see Crew Descriptions). Please DO NOT APPLY if you cannot volunteer all three days.
- Consumption of Alcohol or drugs: Volunteers must be 100% sober while working. Reporting to work inebriated or drinking on the job will result in loss of volunteer status, festival privileges and ability to volunteer at festival in the future.
- Volunteers are assigned to crews by our Volunteer Coordinator. Shifts and specific duties are assigned by your Crew Chief. Choose your top three crew choices keeping in mind that it is not always possible to have your first choice. New Volunteers are encouraged to sign up for and most likely placed on Traffic and Safety, Trash & Recycling, Shower and Gate Crews.
- Many volunteers at Rhythm & Roots return each year. As this is very helpful to the festival, priority is given to experienced volunteers--followed by new volunteers on a first come, first served basis. Be advised that there may not be openings on certain crews.
*Only volunteers in good standing will be able to enjoy festival benefits. If you miss shifts (or otherwise perform unsatisfactory work) you will need to meet with your crew chief and make up work in order to be reinstated as a volunteer in good standing.
If you are going to be late or need to cancel anytime after Wednesday, email your crew chief, to preserve your good standing. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Rhythm & Roots.
Rhythm and Roots festival is under no obligation to accept volunteers who apply or have applied to volunteer. These positions are not paid positions. If accepted as a Volunteer, you are a guest of the festival in return for following the guidelines above.
We take the safety of our patrons and volunteers seriously, like any public event, if you see something, say something.